This book is the first of the 7-volume series, which provides an extensive coverage of Physical Chemistry. This volume captures the States of Matter & Ions in Solution. This edition includes the quantitative explanation for the isothermal variation of compression factor of gases with pressure (or reduced pressure) based on van der Waals Berthelot, Dieterici and Redlich-Kwong equations of state. The typical variation of compression factor at Boyle (or reduced Boyle) temperature is adequately explained from the fact that it varies linearly with square of pressure (or reduced pressure) in the lower range of pressure (or reduced pressure).
• Strictly in accordance with latest IUPAC recommendations and SI units being adopted throughout the text
• Comprehensive explanation of all equations of state—van der Waals, Berthelot, Dieterici and Redlich-Kwong
• Detailed discussion on Compression Factor of a Gas in terms of Reduced Variable provided as chapter-end annexure
• Application based with equal emphasis on theoretical and conceptual methodology
• Extensive chapter-end numerical including Revisionary Problems, Try Yourself Problems and Numerical Problems